Monday, October 6, 2008

Making jam


My friend Paula came out for a visit at the end of September and helped us get ready for the baby. We went to the Salt Lake Farmer's Market and we had the best time admiring and sampling all the beautiful produce. I've heard people talk about how good Utah peaches are, but hadn't really had a chance to try them until that weekend. They are so good!
I have desperately wanted to learn how to can (or bottle, apparently, if your from Utah) for some time now and Paula is a pro, so she offered to teach me how to make jam (since I don't have the supplies for canning and jam is the next best thing). So we bought a box of peaches and brought them home. It was so much easier than I though it would be and I am now less intimidated by the whole process. Thanks Paula!

2 comments:

Paula said...

AND it was so yummy and fun to be with you!

Allyson said...

I am so envious of your jam making skills! Every time I see jars at the grocery store I think to myself - self, you should learn how to make jam. I may need to draw upon your jam skills in the future.