Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Instagram

So, I've decided I'm not really a blogger.  Have you noticed?  Did you know I had a baby?  A girl.  Her name is Norah. She's 5 months old now.  We are all completely in love with her.  However, not one of the 100,000 pictures of Norah has made it onto the blog.  Nor have any of the 100,000 pictures of Reed, who, by the way, has grown SO MUCH.  Like 3 inches since his birthday!  It used to stress me out that I hadn't posted in     amount of time, but then I got over it and realized I just don't like to blog very much.  I don't do facebook either.  Not that either one is particularly hard, i just haven't been posting.  But I do want to let people keep up with us - especially when most of you live so far away and never get to see us!   I am going to give instagram a go.  Its easy.  Pictures are fun.  I enjoy it. I'm not going to shut the blog down or anything.  I'll still post now and then, but if every 6 months isn't enough for you, follow us over on Instagram!  We're brentandcarolinebarton.
 
Here's some pictures to catch you all up (in no particular order - I'm do this quick and easy...)
 
 
Brent made Reed these super hero peg dolls for his birthday last year and they are Reed's favorite toy.  When we were getting things ready for the new baby, Brent made some new ones for Reed to have while we were at the hospital.  They have been a huge hit.  Isn't Brent talented?
 
 
Brent and Reed made a snow cave.  It was awesome.  Next time we'll build it in the backyard so it will last longer.  As it was, it lasted for almost a week!
 
 
Reed inside his giant pumpkin. 
 
 
They had a Dr. Seuss party at preschool.  So cute.
 
 
They had a Chinese New Year party at school and Reed got his own chopsticks.  He was having so much fun eating with them he insisted on using them to eat his Cheerios.  I thought he'd get tired of it after a few bites.  He ate the whole bowl with his chopsticks!
 
 
 
While we were waiting for Norah to be born we tried to keep things fun and busy for Reed.  We made tents (and played games, took naps, ate meals and had movie nights in there) and made a geoboard out of pegboard and screws - among many, many other projects.  I was super tired, but wanted to treasure these last little moments when it was just me and Reed. 
 
That brings us up to date between the last post and when Norah was born.  More pictures to follow...(new baby=picture overload!!!)

No comments: