Friday, February 27, 2009

Trip to California

Reed and I are actually still IN California, but the pictures are getting out of control, so I thought I'd put some up really quickly and do a follow-up when we get home.


My mom and I spent a very relaxing week up in Mendocino. Reed was able to officially get over his cold and I was able to relax and rest (it's exhausting taking care of a 4 month old with a cold!) We've enjoyed many walks along the ocean this past week.


Lots of nature walks in the front carrier - I love that thing!


We went to store and I buckled him into the cart. I have never seen him enjoy something so much. He was super happy, smiley, giggly and you could tell he felt so grown up. He has mastered his neck muscles and is now working on sitting up. The cart was perfect for showcasing his new skills - it makes me think he's going to love the Bumbo even more once we get home!


Reed loves to stand and bounce and wiggle while you support him and hold his hands, but it gets tiring after awhile...so I propped him up on the sofa with pillows and he was so happy and, again, looked like he felt so grown up - upright and free to watch what was going on around him.



All clean and so cute! I'll be sad when his hair stops sticking straight up.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Oh, home! It looks like you are both having fun. Reed is getting so big - and so very handsome!

Paula said...

Just ... be careful. I will never forget when John rolled over for the first time - RIGHT OFF the bed that I had him propped up in with pillows all around. It was awful. He survived as you know.

Cute Pics.

Paul and Susan's NY Historic Sites Mission said...

Bo,
I am loving all of the pictures! Reed looks so different. :( Don't let him grow much more before we see you in April. You look like you had a great time back home. HUGS!