Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Exciting news!


Brent posting: So, I baked a cake tonight. While I was baking I made lemon frosting. I was following directions (mostly) for the frosting, but it was too thick so I added a "little" milk. This made the frosting too thin. When the cake finished baking I tried to cool it on a cooling rack. It turns out I wanted to cool it in the pan to keep it in one attractive piece. I reassembled the pieces and drizzled the icing on top. The cake turned out ugly but delicious. I decided this is an analogy for my life. I do things my own way and they don't turn out pretty, but they turn out good. So the good news is we found out today that we could refinance our house. The only issue was we needed to have a job. Luckily, I accepted a job offer a little later with e*trade. Also, Caroline made her first sale at her Etsy shop. And the final really exciting news is we had our soil tested and we have great soil in our garden!!!

4 comments:

Cathe Holden said...

What a blessed day! Congratulations on your e*trade job, her Etsy sale a delicious cake (with a face only a mother could love), fertile soil and your ultimate refi!

Anonymous said...

We are in absolute awe. An incredible day for you; the windows of heaven have really opened up and poured out upon your little family!
We're excited for your new job (they're the lucky ones, Brent!)and all the other blessings you've received -- including Caroline's first sale! Amazing amazing day. So much to celebrate! And, as a note, celebratory cakes always turn out yummy. Now if Reed would only sleep thru the night...

ColleenaMareena said...

scott posting as colleen (i'm too lazy to sign out...): awesome! congrats on everything!

Anne Bennett said...

It's all good! I bet it still tasted great! ;)