Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Colorado

Brent, Reed and I drove out to Colorado at the end of June to visit my aunt, uncle and two cousins. Brent flew back home the day after we got there :o( but I was able to stay and visit. My mom and another aunt and uncle also flew out and it was a fun little family reunion. When we all lived in San Jose, I took for granted the frequent family get-togethers and close proximity that we were able to enjoy. I really miss it here in Utah. It was nice to get a little dose of family time and let them get to know Reed.
We saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform at Red Rocks, visited the Molly Brown House and enjoyed the beautiful scenery that is practically in my aunt and uncle's backyard (see above pic).


Reed wouldn't leave their dog alone - poor Shelby.
He had his first pickle, teething biscuit and first real babysitter (while I went to Red Rocks).
Overall, a very nice time. Thanks, Susan and Paul!

An added bonus was that my uncle, who was also visiting is a very talented photographer. He did our wedding pictures and during the short time Brent was there he was nice enough to take the time to shoot some pictures of our family and a little session with just Reed. I'm so grateful to have what I know will be sweet, treasured pictures of our family. I can't wait to get a glimpse of them!

5 comments:

April and Jared Fenn said...

what a fun trip! Reed is such a cute boy. :) Come to play group tomorrow at 11:00 am @ the park across the street from Xcel Gym. Call me if you need directions.

Eliza said...

How wonderful to be family!

That picture is gorgeous. I would love to live in Colorado someday, for some reason it has always been in my mind. I visited there once and just loved it.

ColleenaMareena said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! What a view Paul & Susan have!

I'm so grateful for Steve's pictures! Yet another reason I'm so sad they live so far away now!

More exclamation points! :)

Heidi #1 said...

I am glad that you were able to get some pictures taken. It's great to capture that moment forever. I can't wait to see your pictures too. I love family photos. I am starting to really love just photos of my kids...is that bad that I like them better if Ben and I aren't in them?

Wrays said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. Reed is such a sweet boy!! Thank you so much for being my friend, And trust me I'll stay in touch. Tahnk you for the boxes and the Bubble wrap. your amazing.