Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Brent!

I know you don't do birthdays (bah humbug!) but too bad. I'm glad you were born and today no matter how much you protest we're going to celebrate it - with or without you! Here are some of the things I love most about you:
  • I couldn't ask for a better husband.
  • You're an amazing dad.
  • You have a beautiful testimony.
  • You bought an adorable house for our family.
  • You work hard so that I can be home with Reed.
  • You go without things that you want (saltwater tank, bike, boat...) so that our family is comfortable.
  • You scraped, puttied and painted our house and refinished the floors in our bedroom right when we moved in and did everything you could to make our house a home.
  • You finish the projects you start!
  • You mow the lawn.
  • You worked and continue to work hard to plant a garden so we can have healthy yummy food.
  • You bought me the mixer I have been wanting so I can make bread easily and have fun making other things too even though there were probably 100 things you'd rather have spent the money on.
  • You are supportive of my goals and other endeavors.
  • You'll play boardgames with me - and enjoy it!
  • You cook us yummy things and pretend to like everything I cook.
  • You make me omlets on the weekends just because I like them (even though you don't).
I could go on and on, but I just want you to know I appreciate you and am so glad that you were born. I love you.

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We celebrate Brent all the time! But birthdays are an especially good excuse to express some of the gratitude you feel for a loved one. Caroline, those were some of the nicest things to say about a husband. Brent, you must be happy to know that you are so loved and appreciated. And Reed, you're one lucky little punkinhead.

Heidi #1 said...

That was so sweet Caroline! Happy Birthday Brent! I hope it was a good one.