Sunday, April 26, 2009

Norma Jean Larson


My Grandma Larson passed away Sunday, April 19th. I will miss her immensely and am so sad that my children will never get to know her. She gave our family lots to remember her by though. All over the house are little reminds of her and her incredible talents - quilts, tatting, crocheted things, paintings... She was an amazing seamstress/crafter and instilled in a me a love and appreciation for handmade things. She taught me practically everything I know about sewing. She was always patient and encouraging and could even teach things backwards to her left-handed granddaughter! She made sewing fun and was very giving of her time and talents.

Reed and I went to back home for the funeral. Last time we were in California Reed was sick with a cold and not a very fun baby. This time he was a big flirt and it was great to have a smiley , happy baby around. He got to meet EVERYONE in the family and it was therapeutic to have Reed there...
Reed and his great grandpa. Everytime grandpa got near him, Reed would grab for his fingers!
All smiles.
Literally, the center of attention!
My cousin Scott can do this crazy thing with his bottom lip. It fascinated Reed.
Opa blowing on Reed's neck.
Oma and Reed

7 comments:

Scott said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounds like a great lady.

But those are very cute pics.

Nikki Menda said...

My condolences - I'm so sorry.

Eliza said...

I just lost my grandpa, I'm sorry you just lost your grandma, I know it is hard. That picture of her was so beautiful! I love those old-time photographs. What a wonderful legacy she has left for all of you.

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to your Grandma, Caroline. She would love to know how much you are enjoying the fruits of her labors --and all the talents and hobbies that she shared with you! What a wonderful legacy for you to pass on...

Allyson said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma! She was a great and loving lady and going home just won't be the same without seeing her leading the music in Relief Society.

Paul and Susan's NY Historic Sites Mission said...

Bo, Jean was a such a funny, sweet, loving woman. I loved being her visiting teacher. She will be so missed. Your tribute was wonderful.

Paula said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandma. I felt like I knew her already, but now, I really know her in her granddaughter.

Great photos!